Removing an email address from the suppression list using the API requires specific syntax for the REST API.
|Click to view all Email REST Resources
|NOTE: API is case sensitive. Make all [PARAMS] and RETURN-TYPE entries lower case.
| POST/suppressions/activate — Removes one or more recipients from the user’s suppression list. This will allow you to send email to the recipient’s email address again.
HTTP Action — POST
URIs — http://emailapi.dynect.net/rest/RETURN-TYPE/suppressions/activate[PARAMS]
Click for RETURN-TYPE information
|Arguments [PARAMS] — Click for More Info
apikey — Required. API key of the account with the desired information.
emailaddress — Required. Suppressed email address to remove from the suppression list. For multiple suppressions, specify a comma-delimited list of email addresses.
|Response — Click for More Info
Appropriate HTTP status code.
- 200 – OK
- The action was successful.
- 451 – Missing or Invalid API Key
- The API key is either missing or incorrect. Reconfirm the API key or, if necessary, you can generate (or regenerate) an API key from the Accounts page of the Control Panel.
- 452 – Missing or Invalid Required Fields
- Any field marked “Required” must have an entry in the arguments section of the API request. This error could also come up if any values supplied are invalid (i.e., letters instead of numbers, invalid postback URL format, etc.).
- 503 – Service Unavailable
- The server is currently unavailable. It could be overloaded or down for maintenance, but this is just temporary. Try the request again in a short while.
Example Results (JSON)