Version 5.4.6 – July 27th 2018
- EULA update.
- Update to Oracle code signing certificate.
- Installer compatibility updates.
Version 5.4.2 – December 7, 2016
- EULA update
- Include LGPL license files
- Correct issue with stats beacon not conforming to strict HTTP.
Version 5.4.1 – October 6, 2016
- Update localization with new strings.
Version 5.4.0 – August 30, 2016
- Support for sending periodic timing statistics to Dyn to help improve service.
- Updated End User License Agreement.
Version 5.3.2 – July 13, 2016
- End User License Agreement updated.
Version 5.3.1 – June 6, 2016
- Handle missing registry keys when setting recursive DNS on a fully static network interface on Windows 10.
- Better handling of long running API calls while performing upgrades to new versions.
Version 5.3.0 – May 5th, 2016
- Add support for setting the machine’s recursive DNS servers to Dyn’s as an opt-out preference.
- Windows command line support
- Fix bug causing incorrect characters to be displayed in some strings in German and Portuguese
- Windows 10 fixes
Version 5.2.0 – September 25, 2014
- Support secure update key for account.dyn.com in place of account credentials.
Version 5.1.0 – August 22, 2014
- Native language support for Spanish, German, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Catch and log exceptions when issuing commands to Windows services.
Version 5.0.2 – May 7, 2014
- Fix IP detection on Windows XP when IPv6 support is not installed.
- Fix issue where Dyn Updater service will not always start on boot.
Version 5.0.1 – April 8, 2014
- Fix problem detecting IPv6 addresses when ‘bypass proxy’ is not enabled.
Version 5.0.0 – April 3, 2014
- Support for DynECT Managed DNS DDNS service
- Attempt to restart backend service if it exits uncleanly
- No longer considered Beta
- Include account creation link in credentials dialog
- Log if a corrupt configuration file is detected and reset
- Fix instance where the client may not be able to detect IPv6 address when using certain DNS resolvers
- Fix focus issue with username field of the credentials dialog
Version 4.9.8 Beta – March 3, 2014
- Add proxy bypass preference to allow detecting IP addresses on an alternate port to work around proxy servers when a hostname is configured for “Automatic” IP detection
- Interface names are now shown as human friendly names like “Local Area Connection” rather than hex strings when configuring a hostname to use the address of a local interface
- Specify a default directory and filename when exporting log files
- Additional logging when detecting service start failures
- Don’t consider link-local addresses for updates when a hostname is configured to use the address of a local interface
- Fix bug causing the service to stop when an interface a hostname is configured to use no longer exists, but don’t update the hostname until it reappears or is reconfigured
- Don’t allow editing of the hostname table via double clicking
Version 4.9.7 Beta – January 27, 2014
- Added log viewer via ‘View Details’ link
- Added more descriptive status in log viewer, along with a reset link when an error is encountered
- Allow exporting configuration and logs via log viewer
- Show a warning message in Configure Hosts if IPv6 is not detected
- Renamed several buttons and labels for clarity
- Include client name and version in daemon log on start
- Fix issue with upgrading not stopping the existing client and causing problems (this fix will affect future upgrades only, not upgrades to this version)
- Handle corrupt configuration files by resetting to defaults
Version 4.9.6 Beta – January 7, 2014
This is a beta release, and a complete rewrite of the update client. Existing 4.1.x clients will not upgrade to it automatically, and should be uninstalled.
- UI improvements including a redesigned header providing more information
- Windows XP SP3 requirement is now enforced at install time
- Fix issue with installation on non-English operating systems
Version 4.9.5 Beta – December 18, 2013
This is a beta release, and a complete rewrite of the update client. Existing 4.1.x clients will not upgrade to it automatically, and should be uninstalled. Changes below reflect differences between the 4.1.10 client and the beta.
- Cross platform code base shared between Windows, OS X and Linux
- Support for setting IP address to an interface’s (internal) IP address
- Support for setting a hostname to a static IP address from within the client
- IPv6 support for Dynamic DNS hosts
- Configure individual hostnames to be updated differently – hostnames in the client do not need to be all updated to the same IP address
- Support for multiple accounts
- No longer support setting the local machine’s DNS to Internet Guide
- Support for Windows XP SP 3 or later
Version 4.1.10 – November 17, 2011
- Display account VIP status in client.
- Display Dyn product upgrades based on account status.
Version 4.1.9 – October 21, 2011
- Add the option to send anonymous statistics back to Dyn to help improve the software.
- Allow upgrading from older versions of software to be migrated to Dyn branded client.
- Restore support for Windows 2000.
- Fix styling of buttons in configuration window.
Version 4.1.8 – September 8, 2011
- When using Dyn Internet Guide DNS, allow most internal hostnames to still resolve correctly.
- Updated branding to Dyn.
- Many stability fixes.
Version 4.1.7 – April 19, 2011
- Install Geotrust root CA (SSL) as part of install process if it’s not detected on the machine.
- Handle unexpected content in version checking gracefully.
- Send updates for usernames less than 4 characters long.
Version 4.1.6 – April 21, 2010
- Windows Server support.
- Save previous DNS servers for static interfaces when enabling Internet Guide and revert them when Internet Guide is disabled.
- Allow non-admin user to control updater service in the tray icon menu via UAC or Run As… dialog.
- Allow non-admin user to control updater service in the configuration window via UAC or Run As… dialog.
- Additional logging in some situations where Windows Management Instrumentation calls fail.
- Properly close event handles on each IP check.
- Show correct updater service status in tray icon menu when using a non-admin user login.
- Show correct updater service status in the configuration window when using a non-admin user login.
- Greatly reduce number of I/O reads when the configuration window is open.
- Update IP address properly in the configuration window if it changes while the window is open.
Version 4.1.5 – January 20, 2010
- Add optional landing page after initial install for more information on Internet Guide and to create a Defense Plan.
- Uninstall option for disabling Internet Guide, in addition to the option in the Advanced section of the updater configuration.
- Don’t check Internet Guide option off by default in installer on Windows Server platforms.
- Automatically refresh log display when clicking the Log tab in the configuration window.
- Display version number in configuration window title.
- Validate downloaded host list data before use.
- Only send alphanumeric characters in the User Agent, fixing a problem on international versions of Windows.
- Correctly validate checkip response before use.
- Display error messages related to lack of admin privileges or unsupported Windows versions earlier in the install process.
Version 4.1.4 – September 28, 2009
- No longer send deprecated wildcard, mx or backmx parameters when updating.
- Correct an issue causing tray icon notification bubbles to not show up on some versions of Windows.
- Correct an issue causing tray icon tooltip information to be cut off on some versions of Windows.
Version 4.1.3 – September 15, 2009
- Log view now automatically resizes message column and shows a horizontal scrollbar as necessary.
- Message text shown after an abuse response to an update changed to clarify that the hostname is blocked rather than the account.
- Correctly handle the case where current DNS servers are reported as blank by Windows. This was triggering a crash on startup for some users.
- Text in the tooltip for the tray icon was too long and was cut off.
- Properly configure default interface blacklists when upgrading from 4.0.x via the Upgrade Assistant.
Version 4.1.2 – September 3, 2009
- Dyn Internet Guide information and prompt when upgrading from 4.0.x using the built-in Upgrade Assistant.
- Support for 2 character usernames.
- Username and password no longer reset when upgrading or reinstalling the client.
- More informative final screen when upgrading using the Upgrade Assistant.
- Correct an issue that could cause the updater service to not start at boot.
- Update service is now properly restarted after an upgrade using the Upgrade Assistant.
- Properly install service when upgrading from a 4.0.x client using the Upgrade Assistant.
Version 4.1.1 – August 27, 2009
Dyn Internet Guide setup assistance. Provides an option for configuring Dyn Internet Guide on your Windows computer during installation, enabling a better, faster, and safer Internet.
- Installer only supports running the client as a Windows service.
- Detect if the ‘@’ character (indicating an email address) is entered in the username field by accident.
- Installer is signed with a secure code signing certificate, certifying the author as Dynamic Network Services Inc.
Version 4.0.8 – June 17, 2008
Upgrade Assistant – alerts the user when a new version is available. Downloads and installs upgrades at the user’s request. Options to disable alerts and ignore specific versions available.
- Installer defaults to background process.
- Updater assumes ‘Good’ status when no update is necessary.
- Cosmetic changes, compressed GUI images (smaller executables).
- Installer adjusts privileges automatically to avoid communication issues between Updater and Configuration.
- System calendar now invariant – fixes issues with Thai calendars (and probably many others).
- Communication method between Updater, Configuration, and Tray icon changed to be more compatible with highly restricted systems.
Version 4.0.7 – April 21, 2008
- Added GUI support for systems with DPI higher than 96.
- Fixed bug where Updater continuously updates despite IP remaining the same.
- Fixed bug where selecting a 3rd level domain to update also selects the 2nd level.
- Fixed IP extraction method from DynDNS CheckIP. This should fix some issues with firewalls, malware, and some ISPs.