Version 5.4.8 – December 12th 2018
- Completed migration to Oracle code signing certificate. If you are not on version 5.4.7, upgrades to 5.4.8+ will not succeed without reinstalling the application from http://www.dyn.com/updater/.
Version 5.4.7 – September 25th 2018
- Changes to allow migration from Dyn code signing certificate to Oracle code signing certificate in next release. Without this update, upgrades to 5.4.8+ will not succeed without reinstalling the application from http://www.dyn.com/updater/.
Version 5.4.5 – July 24th 2018
- EULA update.
Version 5.4.2 – December 7, 2016
- EULA update
- Include LGPL license files
- Correct issue with stats beacon not conforming to strict HTTP.
Version 5.4.1 – October 6, 2016
- Correct issue causing ports to increasingly open when setting RDNS is enabled on the client.
- Update localization with new strings.
Version 5.4.0 – August 30, 2016
- Support for sending periodic timing statistics to Dyn to help improve service.
- Updated End User License Agreement.
Version 5.3.2 – July 7, 2016
- Support for setting recursive DNS servers on the local machine to dynalertbot.
- Fix code signing validation on OS X 10.11.4+
Version 5.2.0 – September 25, 2014
- Support secure update key for account.dyn.com in place of account credentials.
- Fix bug where main window may not be displayed if app launched a second time.
Version 5.1.0 – August 22, 2014
- Native language support for Spanish, German, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Codesigning compatibility changes for OS X 10.9.5 and 10.10 Preview 5.
- Minimum required OS X version is now 10.7.
Version 5.0.2 – May 23, 2014
- Fix a case where a DNS lookup failure can cause updates to fail.
Version 5.0.1 – April 8, 2014
- Fix problem detecting IPv6 addresses when ‘bypass proxy’ is not enabled.
Version 5.0.0 – April 3, 2014
- Support for DynECT Managed DNS DDNS service
- Attempt to restart backend service if it exits uncleanly
- No longer considered Beta
- Include account creation link in credentials dialog
- Log if a corrupt configuration file is detected and reset
- Fix instance where the client may not be able to detect IPv6 address when using certain DNS resolvers
- Fix focus issue with username field of the credentials dialog
Version 4.9.8 Beta – March 3, 2014
- Preference to start at boot. This manages a login entry for the Dyn Updater
- Add proxy bypass preference to allow detecting IP addresses on an alternate port to work around proxy servers when a hostname is configured for “Automatic” IP detection
- Specify a default directory and filename when exporting log files
- Don’t consider link-local addresses for updates when a hostname is configured to use the address of a local interface
- Don’t allow editing of the hostname table via double clicking
Version 4.9.7 Beta – January 27, 2014
- Added log viewer via ‘View Details’ link
- Added more descriptive status in log viewer, along with a reset link when an error is encountered
- Allow exporting configuration and logs via log viewer
- Show a warning message in Configure Hosts if IPv6 is not detected
- Renamed several buttons and labels for clarity
- Include client name and version in daemon log on start
- Fix issue with input being blocked at Welcome screen on first run
- Handle corrupt configuration files by resetting to defaults
Version 4.9.6 Beta – January 7, 2014
- User interface improvements, including a redesigned header area providing more information.
Version 4.9.5 Beta – December 13, 2013
- Include Host Status to indicate whether the updater is monitoring address changes for a host.
Version 4.9.4 Beta – November 15, 2013
- Performance improvements
- Allow ‘-’ characters in usernames
- Display empty hostname table if none exist on an account
- Clean up stale daemon files if daemon stops unexpectedly
- Fix issue when running client from DMG, then unmounting and running from Applications
- Fix issue with client not starting on some systems
- Show version number correctly in ‘Get Info’ in Finder
Version 4.9.3 Beta – November 6, 2013
- Quit background daemon when quitting menu bar icon
- Correct problem with code signature causing “Unidentified Developer” Gatekeeper warnings on OS X 10.7+
- Fix high CPU usage in background daemon
Version 4.9.1 Beta – November 4, 2013
- OS X 10.6 and higher support
- Reduced application size by 50%
- Use gray scale icon on menu bar
- Welcome screen when no accounts are configured
- Improve performance when loading data in the GUI
- Show spinner when loading hosts table
- Don’t change size of host table while loading data
- Remove host configuration from client when account is removed
Version 4.9.0 Beta – October 22, 2013
- Rewrite of the client to support OS X 10.9 and leverage a cross-platform code base.
- IPv6 update support.
Version 3.0 – January 7, 2010
- Internet Guide integration – set your DNS servers dynamically without interfering with VPN connections.
- Improved diagnostic Email template with more useful information for troubleshooting.
- Reduced logging of non-warning messages by default.
- Fix for a version problem with the widget present in the beta release.
Version 2.4 – November 30, 2009
- Changed how the path is determined when installing the daemon to be a little more resilient.
- Fixed issue causing daemon to not start on boot up in Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Fixed a bug that could cause a deadlock when initializing SSL in some rare cases.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the updater to say “The DynDNS Updater daemon was installed but could not be launched” when the install had actually failed.
Version 2.3 – June 14, 2008
- A few minor text changes to make error messages more descriptive.
- Made the interface IP checking code a bit more robust.
- Fixed bug where a host or account could be set inactive if an error occurred while updating hosts.
- Fixed a bug where a host could potentially not update if the IP changed while the daemon isn’t running.
- Fixed the checkip update URL.
Version 2.1 – February 25, 2008
- Added a problem description dialog to assist users in generating a diagnostic Email.
- Added a timestamp to daemon log messages.
- Removed excess logging to help make diagnosing problems easier.
- Compressed the account-host info printed in a diagnostic Email to shorten the text.
- Fixed a bug where the daemon wasn’t exiting in a timely fashion when OS X was in the shutdown process.
- Fixed a bug where the application wouldn’t run from a path with non-ASCII characters in it.
- Fixed a bug where NOCHG wasn’t sent to the DynDNS server for flags like MX, wildcard, etc.